Does it matter what month?
What month of the year did you marry in? there's a couple of rhymes from popular folklore that believes your marriage will take on certain characteristics depending upon the month you chose, we've reproduced one below. Do you think its true? we'd love to know!
- Married in January's hoar and rime, Widowed you'll be before your prime;
- Married in February's sleepy weather, Life you'll tread in tune together;
- Married when March winds shrill and roar, Your home will lie on a distant shore;
- Married 'neath April's changeful skies, A chequered path before you lies;
- Married when bees o'er May blossoms flit, Strangers around your board will sit;
- Married in the month of Roses - June, Life will be one long honeymoon;
- Married in July, with flowers ablaze, Bitter-sweet mem'ries in after-days;
- Married in Augusts' heat and drowse, Lover and friend in your chosen spouse;
- Married in September's golden glow, Smooth and serene your life will go;
- Married when leaves in October thin, Toil and hardship for you begin;
- Married in veils of November mist, Fortune your wedding ring has kissed;
- Married in days of December cheer, Love's star shines brighter from year to year.